This is amazing. Go make it now!
This recipe is from The Happy Pear (book 2) and is delicious. I mean, I’m actually having it for breakfast right now as I write this. Getting bikini ready for my trip to Barcelona this weekend of course…
I made it while home in Ireland so eating as much of it as I can before I fly back to London. Nom!
It is really easy to make and I can’t believe the caramel is made from dates and almond butter!
For the base
- 150g walnuts
- 150g almonds
- 100g pitted dates
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract (I used 1 teaspoon vanilla powder)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
For the caramel layer
- 300g pitted dates
- 150g almond butter/cashew butter/peanut butter (I chose almond as it is more subtle and less overpowering than peanut)
- 10-12 tablespoons water
- 10 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- A large pinch of salt
For the chocolate layer
- 300g good quality dark chocolate (more than 50% solids)
- Line the base of a 24cm round non-stick cake tin with baking parchment.
- To make the base, blend the nuts to a flour like consistency. Add the dates, vanilla and coconut oil and blend until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Press it firmly into the of the cake tin.
- Put all the ingredients for the caramel layer into the same food processor and blend until super smooth. This may take 5-10 mins.
- Spread an even layer of caramel over the base in the tin.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and pour over the caramel layer.
- Put into the fridge and leave to set until the chocolate is solid (at least 4 hours). Use a hot knife to cut this tart as it helps to prevent the chocolate from cracking.
Ps. I’m on snapchat as Smallkellebelle, Instagram: blink_and_youll_miss