cookies: take one
I decided to make some cookies the other day.
To be honest the only reason was that I wanted that ‘just out of the oven, melty chocolate chip’ taste. Sticking some Tesco biscuits in the microwave just didn’t suffice!
I remember always making cookies when I was younger and them being pretty easy and quick to make.
(images: top two from weheartit)
The recipe I used:
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g granulated sugar
- 70g light muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs lightly beaten
- 160g plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Lightly grease 2 baking trays. Put the butter and sugars into a large bowl and cream together using an electric hand whisk until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the vanilla and egg.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and a good pinch of salt, then add to the creamed mixture, along with the chocolate chunks. Mix until combined to a softish dough.
Put tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the baking trays, spaced well apart. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the oven.
For next time:
I would double the amount of chocolate chips as I didn’t think they were quite chocolatey enough. I would also use greaseproof paper on the baking trays instead of greasing the trays as the cookies broke apart when I tried to get them out!
As you can see my cookies turned into GIANT monsters!
Do you have any good cookie recipes?