Coconut flour pancakes
They’re so easy to make, yet feel like a real treat.
This weekend I decided to make gluten free pancakes using coconut flour. I have never used coconut flour in any cooking before so it was a real first.
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- I tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice – I used some homemade cashew nut milk
- A handful of blueberries
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Mix together coconut flour and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the nut butter, eggs, maple syrup and milk together until smooth. Slowly add the wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix together. Drop in some blueberries.
- Grease a non stick pan with coconut oil and place over medium low heat (coconut flour is sensitive to burning so medium-low heat is best). Drop about 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan. Flip the pancakes with a spatula after about 2 mins, and continue to flip over every few minutes. Cook until gold brown and the edges are cooked.
- To make the sauce, place maple syrup and blueberries in saucepan over medium heat. Wait until mixture begins to simmer and boil, and stir every few minutes. Once mixture begins to breakdown and blueberries cook down after about 5 minutes, remove from heat and serve warm over pancakes.
These tasted SO good, loved the blueberry sauce on top as it gave some nice flavour and moisture to the pancakes. Will definitely be using coconut flour again in my pancake recipes.
Have you ever used coconut flour when cooking? Would love to know any other recipes!