This recipe is from Deliciously Ella who I am a bit in love with. Her books are packed full of amazing vegetarian and vegan recipes and healthy snacks.
This Nutella spread was quite easy to make and tastes AMAZING!!!
- Two mugs of hazelnuts
- 1/2 mug of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons raw cacoa powder
- 1/2 mug of filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the hazelnuts for 10 minutes.
- Once they are cool, blend them in a (strong!) food processor until completely broken up. I used my Nutribullet (milled blade option) and this did the job.
- Mix in the cacoa and maple syrup and blend again.
- When this is completely smooth, slowly add in the water and blend. For this stage I used a handheld blender as it was too much liquid for my Nutribullet!
And that’s it! I got a jar and a half from this. Had to stop myself eating it all before I poured it into jars…