Vegetarian breakfast muffins
I sometimes struggle with variety at breakfast during the week. Weekends are fine and dandy with plenty of time to prepare lovely food (namely pancakes!) but the Monday to Friday options for me are super repetitive. Totally my own fault as I am rubbish at preparing my own breakfast before work.
I often go to the gym first thing so either have quinoa porridge (from EAT which is delicious) or sourdough toast when I get to the office. The problem I have is that I often overdo the porridge and have it every single day so that by the end of the week I just opt to have a hot drink for breakfast. Not ideal!
This weekend I decided to try out making some breakfast muffins. They are basically mini omelettes! Very easy to make and you can have them hot or cold. My recipe below makes 6.
- 5 eggs
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 mini bell peppers
- Handful of cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp curry powder (this makes them taste ah-may-zing)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a muffin tray or use cupcake paper cases (I used 2 cupcake cases for each muffin so they were sturdy which is recommend doing).
- Chopped the veg up. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them with a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the cupcake paper cases.
- Cook for 18-30 minutes until the tops are golden.
Et voila ✌🏼️